Jhené Aiko is bringing her TRIP tour down under this September, so it’s only right that you get to know her a bit more before purchasing tickets.
1. How old is Jhené Aiko?
The singer was born on 16th March, 1988, making her 30 years old
2. Jhené has been in a relationship with Big Sean since 2016.
After collaborating on music together – including ‘Beware’ and their joint venture Twenty88 – the couple went public with their relationship by confirming it with an Instagram post.
3. Jhené has a daughter with O’Ryan.
Jhené’s daughter, Namiko Love Browner, was born in 2008 when Jhené was 20 years old. The singer was enrolled at West Los Angeles College at the time and had started taking voice lessons until she got pregnant. O’Ryan, the father of Namiko, is the younger brother of R&B singer Omarion.
4. Jhené dropped her sophomore album ‘Trip’ in September 2017.
Supported by the lead single ‘While We’re Young’, as well as the Rae Sremmurd collaboration ‘Sativa’, Jhené’s psychedelic second album was met with widespread critical acclaim.
5. She kicked off her music career contributing vocals to the group B2K.
The singer worked with the group, which featured Lil’ Fizz, J-Boog, Raz-B and Omarion, on a number of releases, including a Christmas cover of ‘Santa Baby’.
6. She first gained industry buzz with her ‘Sailing Soul(s)’ mixtape in 2011.
The mixtape featured a series of high profile collaborations, including songs with Kanye West, Miguel and Drake.
7. Jhené released her first full debut EP ‘Sail Out’ in November 2013.
The high profile EP includes collaborations with Childish Gambino on ‘Bed Peace’ and Kendrick Lamar.
8. She has an alter-ego called J.Hennessy.
The alter-ego first appeared on the EP ‘Sail Out’ and Jhené has said that the inspiration comes from the fact she has twelve “different personalities in my head” every day.
Tickets are still available to her NZ & Australian dates.
New Zealand – Tickets
Australia – Tickets